Thursday, October 7, 2010

Christmas!

Okay, so it's not really the Christmas season yet but I always get into it way early. :) My favorite time of the year is November through December. Thanksgiving Day is my favorite actual holiday-day but the Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it! The excitement in the air, the decorations, the lights, drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, eating candy canes, making fudge, the stores constantly busy with shoppers looking to get presents for everyone on their list- what's not to love about all of that? As great and wonderful as all of that is, something is missing. Something great. Perhaps it's the whole purpose of our festivities... Christmas is about us celebrating Jesus' birth but so many times we get so caught up in the celebration and the things that we're "supposed" to be doing that we forget the reason why. As the Christmas season starts to come around once again, no matter if you're like me and are already getting into or if you're dreading it, be sure to keep in mind the reason behind it all. It might just change everything.

One more thing- here's a link to something my pastor posted on his blog last Christmas eve: "A Few Questions on Christmas Eve" Very thought provoking and it goes perfectly with the whole point of my post today. Be sure to check it out!

~Sarah Elizabeth~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a reply to my post or just say hi! Just please remember to be nice. Thanks! :)